The Men’s Group is open to all men of the church, it is your group! We have officers elected by the group. We have a wide range of activities, led and controlled by the group, as follows,
* Our yearly Lenten Men’s Breakfast during the seven weeks of Lent. We have good food and good speakers.
* Our Mother’s Day Breakfast put together and served to the women of our church in their honor.
* Our Annual Spaghetti Dinner, serving the church and guests each year since 1956. This is a major fundraiser for the men in support of our mission projects.
* Maintaining the Marshallton/Cedars cabin at Camp Pecometh is just one of our projects. Going up yearly to ready it for the campers.
* Annual support the Sunday Breakfast Mission with:
o Annual Coat Drive
o Canned Ham Drives
o And other needs as come up.
* Annual support for the Salvation Army
* Church projects on an as needed basis.
* Annual Men’s Church Picnic at Brandywine Park, serving the Church and the Community.
* Our Newest Activity the Annual TNT Fish and Chip Dinner put together by Bob Tull and John Thomas.
* Annual Men’s Bowling Tournament, Open to All, in Memory of George Brown of Cedars UMC.
This is a quick overview of the United Methodist Men of Marshallton and Cedars. We welcome all men and all ideas to serve our community and churches. If you are looking from a place to join with other men and utilize your skills to serve, this is a good group to be involved with.